Northeast Storm: Operational Update
The Network Operations Center is continuing to track the impact of Hurricane Sandy. These are the latest updates from Inflight Service Center, as of 1200 Monday, October 29th:
- Cancellations will be extended in and out of EWR, JFK and LGA through 1200 local time, Wednesday, October 31st. After that time, there will be a gradual build-up with the plan to fly a full schedule starting at 1800.
- There will be a small number of dedicated flights into the Washington area Tuesday night after 1800. Service in and out of IAD will resume on Wednesday, starting with service gradually building up in the morning and leading up to a full schedule later in the day.
- Crew members will be ferried into EWR/IAD so that they can be in position when service resumes. More information on this will be available as the schedule is finalized.
- Flight attendants may self-list for positive space travel to or from BOS, EWR, JFK or IAD, when that travel takes place in order to operate a trip. Please note that BOS has been added to the list, and that the positive space program has been extended through Thursday, November 1st.
- Inflight Services personnel are available to assist flight attendants with any humanitarian issues related to the storm. Contact base management or the scheduling team via normal contact numbers if you need any assistance.
Our number one priority is the safety and well-being of our airline family. Please use your best judgment in securing your homes and families.
Marcus N. Valentino, President
Continental Master Executive Council