Union Update – Friday, August 24, 2012
Inside This Issue:
- Contract Extension Implementation
- Joint Contract Negotiations Begin
- Vacation Election Window is Open
- Satellite Base Representation
Contract Extension Implementation
- Contract improvements not requiring computer programming are available immediately via phone.
- The Company has begun the process of programming the computer based contract improvements. Some of the improvements require extensive programming as they touch many parts of the system. We will announce completed items as each program is completed.
Joint Contract Negotiations Begin
The first meeting between the Joint Negotiations Committee and the company takes place on August 27, 2012 in Chicago. The topics of conversation at this first meeting will center around the process and how, when, and where we will conduct our negotiations.
Vacation Election Window is Open
The 2013 vacation bidding process opened for S-CO Flight Attendants August 15, 2012. Now is the time to verify your vacation accrual, elect if you want Flex Vacation or if you wish to contribute a week to your 401(k). You may access this screen through CCS/my vacation.
Other important vacation bidding dates:
- September 10, 2012: Vacation Bidding
- November 15, 2012: Vacation Awards
- November 16, 2012: Vacation Trading
Satellite Base Representation
Each satellite base will have a full complement of grievance reps and committee persons. The MEC is in the process of upgrading our technology for full deployment throughout the system. This new deployment will include cutting-edge communications, apps, web presence, and new tools for the committee staff in the bases. Anyone interested in volunteering for committee work should contact his or her Local Council President.
- SFO and IAD are satellites of Newark Council 62
- LAX and DEN are satellites of Houston Council 64
- ORD is a satellite of Cleveland Council 63
That is all for now – fly safe,
Marcus N. Valentino, President
Continental Master Executive Council